Judge Dredd “Citi-Def Chaos”



          Judge Dredd “Citi-Def Chaos” i
s a much less known Animated movie, on a fairly unknown you-tube channel. This film I was pleasantly surprised to enjoy. It is a bit rough around the edges production that clearly has love and care put into it. Citi-Def's animation combines stiff 2D models which moves similar to a motion comic with smooth moving 3D animation. Out of the two distinct styles I enjoyed the 2D animation more but the two of them work together well, and better than some attempts I've seen such as in Superfiend. 

         The camera work is done well enough that is manages to distract from the often un-moving animation style and fake some motion. I don’t know what it was about this film specifically but I really liked the drawing style they used, the colors are bright where they need to be and dull where they need to be making for some truly nice visuals. 
While it may be ruff clearly the creator has skills, which based on his newer videos has continued to develop


The story is based on Crazy R Raiders which can be found in Judge Dredd Annual 1986 which is collected in the restricted files volume 02. From what I remember of the prog, this follows it fairly closely.

Unfortunately the voices are a bit muffled, but it does it’s job and doesn't distract to much because there is not much dialog in the first place. With his newer videos the voices have improved quite a bit, eventually I’ll get around to his other Dredd film. 

   The channel in my opinion is under viewed and very neat. He has fan films for many of my favorite franchises including terminator and alien. I always give bonus points to style and 88ramone has it in every production I’ve seen them do. In the end Judge Dredd "Citi-Def Chaos" is worth a watch for the visuals, fun, and to support an underrated you-tube channel, check it out!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JUDGE DREDD: the ORIGINAL adventures-THE DAY THE LAW DIED & THE APOCALYPSE WAR- audio drama

The Complete reading order

Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 08